Ann Clary Gordon is a partner of the Firm, chairs the Firm's real estate practice group, and is a member of the Firm's business law department. She concentrates in all aspects of real estate law, with emphasis on commercial development, financing, and leasing. Ms. Gordon has been with the Firm since 1976.
Ms. Gordon’s commercial real estate practice emphasizes the representation of real estate developers (including several of the region’s major developers) in acquisitions, development, financing, construction, leasing, and sales. She has represented developers in a wide variety of transactions including innumerable build to suit lease negotiations with national tenants and major loan transactions including securitized financings with a variety of lenders and joint venture institutional, pension, and high income individual equity investors. Ms. Gordon has also served as local counsel to national real estate companies and lenders in connection with various multi state transactions and has represented owners wishing to subject their properties to conservation easements.
Ms. Gordon, together with the Firm’s tax partner, recently handled the negotiation and closing of the transfers of large portfolios of properties to several national REITs, which transactions aggregated more than $350 million. The transactions involved complex structuring issues as well as resolution of varied property and financing related matters.
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association
- Member, Real Property, Planning and Zoning Section of the MSBA
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Section of Real Property, Probate and Trust Law of the ABA
- Former member, Baltimore Advisory Board, Chicago Title Insurance Company
- Former Trustee, University of Maryland Law School Fund
- Officer, Baltimore Wellesley Club (1970-2009)
- Trustee, Friends School of Baltimore (1988-1991)
- Co Editor, “Residential Real Estate Transactions,” Maryland Institute for Continuing Professional Education of Lawyers, Inc. (MICPEL) first published in 1981 and regularly supplemented
- Lecturer on commercial leasing and other considerations in real estate transactions, including the Graduate Real Estate Program of The Johns Hopkins University and MICPEL
- Provided pro bono legal services to The Women’s Housing Coalition, among others
News & Publications
Eleven Shapiro Sher attorneys are cited in Maryland Super Lawyers 2016
Fourteen Shapiro Sher Guinot & Sandler are cited in Maryland Super Lawyers 2015, including one attorney listed as a Top 10 Maryland lawyer, two listed in the Top 100, and four “Rising Stars.”
The new Maryland Super Lawyers list, just published by Thomson Reuters, names nearly all of the Firm's attorneys, including four lawyers identified as “Rising Stars” of the legal community.
Nine Shapiro Sher attorneys are listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2014 rankings.
Maryland Super Lawyers cites 15 Shapiro Sher Guinot & Sandler attorneys in its just-released 2013 list.
Maryland Super Lawyers has selected 11 Shapiro Sher attorneys, including three cited as "rising stars," for inclusion in its recently released 2012 ratings.