"Best Lawyers in America 2015" includes seven Shapiro Sher attorneys, two of whom are cited as "Lawyers of the Year"
Seven attorneys at Shapiro Sher have been selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2015 with two of the seven identified as Baltimore Lawyers of the Year: Shapiro Sher Chair and Bankruptcy Group head Joel I. Sher and Paul Mark Sandler, head of the Firm's Litigation Group.
Best Lawyers, an exclusive guide to the legal industry, named Shapiro Sher Chair Joel I. Sher Baltimore Lawyer of the Year for Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, and named partner Paul Mark Sander Baltimore Lawyer of the Year for Personal Injury Defense. The 2015 guide cites the following attorneys in the indicated practice areas:
- William E. Carlson: Biotechnology and Corporate Law
- Larry S. Gibson: Civil Rights Law
- Richard M. Goldberg: Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, and Litigation-Bankruptcy
- Ann Clary Gordon: Real Estate Law
- Paul Mark Sandler: Commercial Litigation, White Collar Criminal Defense, and Personal Injury Litigation (Defense and Plaintiff)
- Ronald M. Shapiro: Entertainment and Sports Law
- Joel I. Sher: Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as among the definitive guides to legal excellence. Best Lawyers is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey. Over 52,000 leading attorneys cast more than 5.5 million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas.