Best Lawyers in America Recognizes Nine Shapiro Sher Attorneys
Nine Shapiro Sher attorneys were selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2018, and Shapiro Sher Chairman Joel I. Sher was selected Baltimore “Lawyer of the Year” in bankruptcy law. Mr. Sher, who heads the Firm’s Bankruptcy Group, has been recognized in Best Lawyers since 2008. Best Lawyers presents a “Lawyer of the Year” award to the attorney who has the highest overall peer-review feedback in a practice area for a particular region.
All of the firm’s core practice areas – including its nationally known corporate law, litigation, and bankruptcy and creditors’ rights practices – are represented in Best Lawyers’ 2018 selections. The guide, released this month, cites the following attorneys in their indicated practice areas:
- William E. Carlson: Biotechnology Law; Corporate Law
- Scott W. Foley: Commercial Litigation
- Larry S. Gibson: Civil Rights Law
- Richard M. Goldberg: Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights; Insolvency and Reorganization Law; Bankruptcy Litigation
- Ann Clary Gordon: Real Estate Law
- Eric R. Harlan: Commercial Litigation; Family Law
- Paul Mark Sandler: Commercial Litigation; Criminal Defense: White-Collar; Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants and Plaintiffs
- Ronald M. Shapiro: Sports Law; Entertainment Law
- Joel I. Sher: Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights; Insolvency and Reorganization Law
Shapiro Sher was founded in 1972 by Ronald M. Shapiro with the mission of providing outstanding legal counsel for Maryland businesses of all sizes. With offices in Baltimore and Washington D.C., the Firm is nationally recognized for its practices in business law, litigation, bankruptcy, and creditors’ rights.