The Banking & Financial Services lawyers of Shapiro Sher provide experienced counsel in connection with all aspects of commercial loans. Chaired by Scott W. Foley, the Banking & Financial Services Group represents regional banks, community banks, credit unions, lending-services companies, finance companies, and other financial institutions. Because the group has extensive experience in the origination of loans and in workout situations, it is prepared to provide efficient representation at every stage in the commercial lending process.
Creditors' Rights & Workouts
Shapiro Sher is prepared to help when commercial loans become non-performing. On behalf of lenders, the Banking & Financial Services Group has handled asset-based financing arrangements including loans secured by shopping centers, hotels, rental properties, condominium complexes, sizable tracts of raw development, and historic properties. Shapiro Sher advocates on behalf of financial institutions in connection with:
- Commercial loan workouts and restructurings;
- Re-documenting troubled loans;
- Loan participation and other inter-creditor disputes;
- Foreclosures and secured creditor sales;
- Note sales; and
- Lender liability and other collection matters.
Commercial Loan Transactions
Shapiro Sher facilitates commercial loan transactions for a variety of lenders and appreciates the potential hazards facing clients in the commercial loan process. Our lawyers strive to protect each lender’s interests throughout the life-cycle of the loan.
The Firm represents financial institutions in a wide variety of transactions, including:
- Real estate acquisition and development finance transactions;
- Construction lending and project finance transactions;
- Revolving, secured, and unsecured lines of credit;
- Accounts receivable and fixed-asset based loans;
- Capital equipment leasing;
- Small Business Administration and other government-guaranteed loans; and
- Multi-creditor and multi-tiered loan transactions.